Dear Room Parents,
THANK YOU for volunteering your time and effort to be a Room Parent! Being a Room Parent is a GREAT way to get to know other parents and their children, to earn your Chai hours and to feel more involved at our school. As a Room Parent you are the liaison between parents, the PTO and your child’s teacher regarding school activities.
We will have a room parent meeting at the start of the year to discuss everything in detail, but generally, we ask room parents to be responsible for the following:
- Encouraging class sign-ups as needed for various school and PTO events;
- Organize Teacher gifts;
- Advise the PTO and Head of School about births, deaths, illness or other needs;
- Communicate with your teachers about their needs;
- Plan an event or two for your class / grade during the year;
- Send monthly updates and reminders to your class about class, PTO and other school events;
- Coordinate drivers and other help for field trips and other class events;
We always recommend that more than one person volunteer per class, to share the work. You and your co-Room Parents may decide to take on all of some of these responsibilities yourselves; however, we urge you to involve other class parents as this helps build a team feeling within the class and provides opportunities for others to feel involved throughout the year.
We need your help—please sign up to be a Room Parent today!!
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. We are always available to help!